Admissions for the 2017-2018 school year
(Online Applications are now available on the "Application" page)
On or before September 1 of the current year, children must be 4 years of age to enroll in Pre-Kindergarten, 5 years of age to enroll in Kindergarten, and 6 years of age to enroll in first grade.
*Please refer to the "Important Dates" page to make your online reservations to attend an Open House and sign up for the PreK and Kindergarten observations.
Requirements: (Please print this page so you can check off the requirements
while completing your application.)
- online application fee of $100/ family (Please call the admissions office to waive the fee for additional siblings applying. 713-663-3541)
- a copy of the student's birth certificate
- a copy of the student's baptismal certificate and First Holy Communion certificate (if applicable)
- a current report card and all school records including standardized test results (if administered)
- a current confidential Teacher Recommendation Form: Please refer to the left toolbar under "DOCUMENTS" to print these forms for your child's current school.
- PreK and K students must take the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence IV Test by Friday, January 20, 2017. Please call Elaine Whitley to make an appointment for testing (Educational Success Advisors, 2339 University Blvd., Suite 3 (Upstairs), Houston, 713-520-9444). Please Note: After October 1, 2016 ESA will move to 5614 Kirby Drive(IBC Bank Bldg.) Suite 757
- A MANDATORY observation for PreK (8a.m.- 10a.m.) and Kindergarten (10:30a.m.-12:00p.m.) will be on Saturday, January 21, 2017 in the Parish Family Center. Go to the "Important Dates" page to register. You may call the Admissions Director, Renee McCurry, at 713-663-3541 with questions.
- Applicants for grades 1 - 4 must take the Woodcock-Johnson Test of Achievement (WJIV) test by Friday, January 20, 2017. Please call Elaine Whitley to make an appointment for testing (Educational Success Advisors, 2339 University Blvd., Suite 3, (Upstairs) Houston, 713-520-9444).
- Applicants for grades 5 - 8 must take and send the results of the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) to SVdP Catholic School by Friday, January 20, 2017. Our school code is 447574. You may register online at www.iseetest.org.
- Student visits for Applicants entering grades 1-8 must email or call Renee McCurry in the admissions office to set up a school visit after a student has been accepted. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-666-2345)
- All online applications must be complete by January 13, 2017. Applications will not be considered without a submitted online application fee of $100.00/family.